Monday, November 9, 2009

An Introduction

The title says it all. I'm working night and day.

By day, I'm an attorney.

By night, I'm a cook at a local restaurant.

How did this happen? Well, the legal industry, contrary to popular belief, isn't what it once was. Lots of folks have lost jobs, pay has been cut dramatically, 'tort reform' might as well be titled 'unemploying lawyers' and the insurance industry has done a bang up job making sure many of today's future lawyers will barely be able to survive, much less thrive. I'll get more into that at a later date.

Anyway, my hours at work got cut. With no new matters in the office, overhead got too high for the small firm I work for, so I fell back on the only other skill I have: cooking. I got a job at a local restaurant.

So I get to see both ends of the spectrum. And there's definitely some funny shit I see at both jobs that convinces me that humanity is a failed experiment. I would counsel ending it, but alas, I do enjoy breathing. I'll post about the funny stuff I see, because frankly, real life is often funnier than fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment